05 January 2009

My Family In Stitches


My family in stitches! I knitted them all scarves for Christmas... my first ever knitting projects! And I am pretty proud of myself... even if my husband's wasn't completed until New Year's Eve.

Hokie Fan's scarf is maroon and orange (Virginia Tech colors of course!); I had promised it would be done by Orange Bowl game time and I made it! Yippee!! And the Hokies won!!

Thing 1 and Thing 2 got their scarves Christmas Day. Thing 1 got a scarf of royal blue chenille which he picked out because it was the softest of all the chenille yarn he touched to his cheek. Thing 2 picked the yarn color "Monet" when we were choosing yarn for a church activity. Her's was my very first knitting project so it has numerous errors... but Thing 2 kept saying she didn't care - she still thought it was very special anyway- "everybody makes mistakes." I added the tassles as an extra surprise. They are a very soft purple "fuzzy" yarn mixed with the yarn from the scarf.

No comments: