02 January 2009

Friday Five: Favorite Things

RevGal BlogPals "Friday Five":


Five things that I remember/ treasure from 2008:

1. The visit we had with Grandma Blanche before she died.

2. Our church being the catalyst for a coalition of faith communities to form and open a cold-weather shelter in our town.

3. Kayaking with my friend Kathy.

4. Papa Hugh's cancer diagnosis and saying our good-byes before he left for Tennessee.

5. Learning to knit and making my family scarves for Christmas.


Five things that I am looking forward to in 2009:

1. More knitting and more kayaking!

2. The five-day Academy of Spiritual Formation with Drs. Mallard and Bondi.

3. Dreaming big dreams with my congregation and the Cold-Weather Shelter Coalition for ways to address poverty and homelessness in our community.

4. Living healthier and being healthier.

5. More fun times with my family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am always in favor of knitting! Blessings to you in the New year.

Rev Honey said...

The Academy of Spiritual Formation sounds wonderful. I need to look that up. Blessings to you on your journey+